Tuesday, March 31, 2009

DASMTT

This weekend I have the privilege of participating in the first Dallas Area Student Ministry Think Tank. One of my closest friends Brian Rayburn has gathered 12 youth pastors from the state of Texas (plus South Carolina and California) to participate in a panel that examines multiple facets of student ministry, and looks at how these things will need to be addressed in the next decade of student ministry. My paper/presentation examines how student ministries need focus on building a culture driven by spiritual transformation and discipleship instead of attractional events and behavior modification. I'm definitely the young nobody on the panel, but that excites me because I am going to hear from some extremely bright, experienced student pastors. I don't know what topics the other guys were assigned, but I know we will be examining leveraging new technological mediums through SM, gender and sexuality, parent and family ministry and education. Fellowship Dallas is hosting our Think Tank, and I can't wait to get there.

No comments:

Counter

you can find me: